Business keeps changing, and college programs must be willing to change with the times to keep up. One of the most significant ways that colleges and universities have changed is by offering online degrees. These degrees allow students to attend college no matter what their time constraints are or where they live. From an associate’s to bachelor’s and master’s, there are many different online business degree options.
Associate’s Degrees in Business
Online business sectors offer several different associate’s degrees. Degrees can be completed within two years and are great ways to start business learning. For instance, some of the most common associate’s degrees are:
- Associate of Arts with a concentration in Business Fundamentals – This prepares you for a career as an administrative assistant or office manager. Therefore, some courses that will be included are management theory and practice, information systems, financial accounting, managerial communications, and globalization (Phoenix, n.d.).
- Associate of Applied Science in Accounting – This degree can set a student up for a bookkeeping, accounting, or auditing clerk position. Therefore, it emphasizes accounting software. Including the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to meet accounting business demands (Purdue Global, n.d.).
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration – This degree allows a student to develop their accounting. As well as management, and software application skills. In addition refine decision-making and problem-solving skills (Purdue Global, n.d.). There are several concentration areas a student can focus on to allow for maximum customization.
Bachelor’s Degrees in Business
Wide range in course selections represents the many different areas and specializations business encompasses. These programs take approximately four years and can prepare you for a career in management and more. Some of the most common degrees offered are:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- This degree prepares you for a career as an accountant, accounting manager, accounting supervisor, auditor, examining officer, or tax examiner. Therefore, courses that are included are auditing and taxation, application of technology, accounting law, financial and managerial accounting, and International Financial Reporting Standards (Phoenix, n.d.).
- Bachelor of Science in Business.
- This degree can be specialized in many different areas, including business analytics, financial planning, general management, human resource management, marketing, and project management. Careers you will be prepared for include management positions, financial planner, human resource director, marketing director, and more.
Master’s Degrees in Business
Degrees such as a Master’s or Doctorates can also be completed online. They can lead to high-level executive positions. This can be done while you are already in the workforce. Some of the most common offerings are:
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) –
- This is one of the most common online degrees in business. Different concentrations allows for students to gain relevant skills to apply immediately to their work in the business world (Purdue Global, n.d.).
- Master’s in Management and Leadership –
- This degree is for those who work in high-level management. For example a CEO, President, Branch Chief, and Director positions. Therefore, courses focus on leadership and management techniques. As well as skills to work strategically and drive high-performance teams (WGU, n.d.).
No matter where you are in your career, it is essential to keep learning. Online business degrees allow for more flexibility in scheduling. This allows for everyone to get the degree they need to be a shaker in the business world. In conclusion, there are many online degrees available.
By: Janis Rodgers